The Mars Learning Adventures
Our USA student "Tiger Teams" are learning about colonizing Mars. We are partnering with high school students in the Republic of Cabo Verde. Together, we will study volcanoes on both Mars and Earth.
What is it like to have a volcano in the backyard of your local high school?
What is so special about the soil surrounding this volcano on Fogo Island, Cabo Verde?
Can you help us by pointing us in the direction of more information about volcanoes on Mars?
We welcome your comments. Suprschool@aol.com
The Uninhabited Island of Santa Luzia, in the Republic of Cabo Verde
- Can you simulate working on Mars by using an uninhabited island on Earth?
- What has to be done to grow food on the island of Santa Luzia?
- How do you use drones to conduct research on Santa Luzia without getting in the way of the birds?
- What would it be like to spend four months on an uninhabited island?
- Can we train analog astronauts on an uninhabited island?
- What would have to do to live underground on Santa Luzia island?
- How would you design a Martain Habitat on Santa Luzia Island?
- What is the very best way to protect Santa Luzia island?
- How do we study Santa Luzia Island from a distance?
- How can we support the biologists that are caring for Santa Luzia Island?
More information about our work in the Republic of Cabo Verde. Click on the links below.
Kids Talk Radio LA
Welcome to the island of Fogo in the Republic of Cabo Verde
This is the site of the new Barboza Space Center at Pidero Pires High School in Cabo Verde. It is on the island of Fogo. This video will take you on the adventure. Questions: Bob.Barboza@Gmail.com